My so called year

Well, since I will have the year of my life (hopefully)and since I am so bad at keeping in contact, my sister urged me to start a blog so that you all can get to know what is happening and how I am succeding (or miserably failing) in my attempts to make the world a better place.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Unbelievable

Today was a pretty full on day,

The first thing we heard when we came in to the center was that one of the boys had ran away, again, and that a girl was sitting there arguing with mommy that she wanted to go back home.

This is a girl who is 12 years old, her parents are suffering from HIV, she has been in and out of CDCC about 4 times now and by going back she risks having her dad sell her off as a 'taxi girl'. In spite of all this she still considered herself better off outside CDCC cause she would have freedom to do what she wanted and money to spend. They took her back to talk to her parents but her mother was out. However, her dad and grand mother were there and they told her to go away, they did not want her. So she came back only to leave at the end of the day when her mother came to CDCC and took her back.
Thats so crazy I don't even know where to begin...

Oh and if I haven't told you already 2 (possibly 3) out of our group of 7 are leaving for Christmas and not coming back... Cambodia seriously gets to you.....

How was your day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home