My so called year

Well, since I will have the year of my life (hopefully)and since I am so bad at keeping in contact, my sister urged me to start a blog so that you all can get to know what is happening and how I am succeding (or miserably failing) in my attempts to make the world a better place.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I know what I want to do with my life!

Or well sort of.... not really. But I know what I'd like to do as one aspect to it. Okay I'm even confusing myself now but that’s only cause I'm a bit hyperactive. I'll just start from the beginning. Not very creative writing but it will have to do.

So I went to see Tiny Toons (the break dancing kids) practice today and I felt like such a dork the whole time. Just imagine a white girl sitting with a big lame smile o her face around a bunch of hardcore street Khmer kids. LOL Well anyways. So I was sitting there and talking to KK and stuff and I had sort of a revelation or whatever it’s called (God my English is a mess).
I'd really like to have a house full of kids, just not kids of my own. Okay, again I'm confusing you... Here's the thing... KK (an American Khmer person sent here who I know through Korsang and stuff- told you about Tiny toons before remember?) Well every night Monday to Saturday he teaches some kids break-dance (this in order for them to have something to do instead of just roaming around the street causing trouble) and well a lot of these kids are kinda messed up and what you would call a rascal. And well some of them come from bad family situations which they can't handle so they run away or get kicked out and since they have no where else to go they go to KK and he lets them stay there.
And well I could very much see myself in a similar situation and I think I could get a good self fulfillment from it and just a well I don't really know. I just really like the idea of having a big house full of kids that I'm only semi responsible for. We'll see... I'll think about it some more and se if I can present it in a more structured way.

Anyways about the Tiny Toons kids, they are far from as loving and adorable as my kids at CDCC (today I made the mistake of saying I like you to a girl in front of some of the other kids and then I of course had to go around the bunch saying the name of every child and that I liked them to and ending it with saying I like everyone, but it was kinda funny the way it happened... as soon as I had said it to the first girl the boy next to hear said very demandingly Ulrika? haha getting side tracked) but they are hardcore kids very cool don't really care about you (as it seems at least) but at the same time very charming... When I was about to leave one of the kids were practicing/playing by standing on his head in the couch and I looked at him and it turned into a Simon says game where I copied everything he did and it was just really cute hey... (YES, I do know how lame my stories are but they mean something to me.... it's really special... Its funny though cause I seriously have a hard time coping with grown up Khmer people here but anyone under the age of 15 are just adorable!

Alright I'm gonna stop now but this will keep going in my head all evening :)

Peace out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home