My so called year

Well, since I will have the year of my life (hopefully)and since I am so bad at keeping in contact, my sister urged me to start a blog so that you all can get to know what is happening and how I am succeding (or miserably failing) in my attempts to make the world a better place.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Surviving

First of all I want to tell you that I'm not as resigned as I was the last few times I wrote. Yes, I am lonely but I'll try to cope with it and it's not as bad right now at least. A new girl has arrived and she seems sweet. The group had a big talk Monday evening of how we should get along better and well most of it just sounded like nothing but pretty words to me but maybe it can become something. I at least tried taking a first step yesterday by introducing Tuesday dinners. Me and Gerbrand made crepes (pappa du skulle varit sa stolt jag kopierade dig :)) and today I saw a note in the kitchen announcing that Oystein and Mike will cook dinner next Tuesday :). Anyways... Yeah I guess I'm on a bit of a more positive note than the last week.

However I do miss people a lot and I've been thinking more and more about going back to the college when I get back even though I swore to myself not to.

Furthermore I'm kinda stressed cause it feels like I have a ton of things to do, university applications mainly... man I don't want to go to uni...

Also I can notice a change in me. When I first came I was so excited and I wanted to do EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING. Now I'm more like, I'm pretty satisfied just doing my teaching bit Monday to Friday from 9-16 and then just chill and relax, after all this is supposed to be my gap year... Hmm it’s kinda funny. Just want to do my thing, hang with the kids and just try to get by... you know what I mean?

Miss you all a lot!

1 Comments:

Blogger :p said...

finaste Ulrika!

jag vill prata med dig - skypas vid i helgen?!? jag är ju online på skype närhelst jag är online så vill du ringa mig när du kan - vad sägs lördag mellan 09-11(sweden time)?

älskar dig!!!!! & njut av din "chill and relax"-tid, önskar jag var där med dig!!!! chao bonita!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home