My so called year

Well, since I will have the year of my life (hopefully)and since I am so bad at keeping in contact, my sister urged me to start a blog so that you all can get to know what is happening and how I am succeding (or miserably failing) in my attempts to make the world a better place.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Update

This is how accustomed I have become to Cambodian-western life style. I wake up at 6.45 to unlock the door so that the girl that comes to clean can come in, then I go back to bed and when I wake up she's here juct cleaning... Isn't that in a way aweful? It's going to be weird to come home. Which I btw is in like less then three months. Time moves so quickly!
'Time moves fast and slow at a ridiculous simultaneous way'
Mike and my conclusion during a serious discussion hehe.
I'm staying at wendy's til the 19th which is next monday then five days later im leaving for Vietnam for two wekks. come back around the 13th, then I have about four weeks left here, then to Malaysia and then I'm basically home. BAD. Elysia and I have now on a daily basis started to say, no not yet...

Anyways enough complaining.. I took part in the UWC selection this weekend and it was well interesting.. There were 15 candidates that we needed to narrow down to 5 and in order to do this they had during the course of the day different activities that were running simultaneous. I was part of the presentation panel and it was actually really interesting. Most of them did presentations on Human Rights in Cambodia or Development in Cambodia. You coulod tell that they have all been thaught well and that there is an awareness about the problem and they know how to solve it. So if everyone knows about the problem and how to solve it then why is it still existing? I guess it's hard to live as you learn and that that is the major problem in Cambodia. Not corruption, not trafficking, not littering, but to live as you learn...
On the same topic (well not really) I went to the hospital on Wednesday. Two of the girls needed to go and I wanted to come along to see how it worked and I must admit it was a lot more structured and EFFECTIVE than I would have thought. Don't know how high the quality of it was but it definatly was not as bad as I would have expected it to be.
Mkey I'm outie.... bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home