My so called year

Well, since I will have the year of my life (hopefully)and since I am so bad at keeping in contact, my sister urged me to start a blog so that you all can get to know what is happening and how I am succeding (or miserably failing) in my attempts to make the world a better place.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Long time no see

I know its been a really long time since I wrote but hear you ll go this is what I have been up to since last time.

I went to the beach over Christmas and it was exactly what I wanted it to be. It was too weird for me to celebrate Christmas on a beach in 30 degrees heat and no family so I decided to skip it and just have a nice vaccation which is exactly what I did. Went down with Thea and Oyvind which to the most part of it was great but had some weirdness to it which is part of the reason why I thought I should rethink going with them for a month back packing but whatever it was still nice maybe it was me. Besides Thea and Oyvind there were a lot of peple from Phnom Penh there and yeah it was just great. Over that week I started to really feel like I belong here to some extent at least. Ever since I got here it has been up and down so much and its been okay but theres only been a few occasions when its been great but that entire week was just great and I really felt as if I fit in. Thats another reason why I have reconsidered not to go with Thea and Oyvind for a month cause that would mean I would have to leave this place in like 6 weeks time and theres no way Im ready to leave that soon. Anyway then after that my mom and sister came down to visit and boy it was exhausting, I dont think I have ever taken the part of playing host so serious before but it was really nice though and we went up to see Angkor and it is a thing to see I must say. Driving past it the first evening gave you a feeling of surrealness (as so much else in Cambodia) and you really felt as if this was not for real you were in a movie or dream or something like that. It takes your breath away. Then now Im mostly waiting for things to settle down and go back to normal since they havent been so for the past month but for some reason hings are just so busy right now I dont know where to turn haha. Its okay though, just trying to enjoy it as much as possible while at the same time realising more and more that my lovely gap year will soon be over and I will need to get on with my life.. Not a very nice thought. I like it here and it actually feels a bit unfair having to breakup and say good bye to two life within the time of one year... but I guess thats the type of life I have choosen to live..
So heres the plan as it is now (it will probably change a number of times before it is over) I'm here until the 26th of February and then go to Vietnam for two weeks, come back to Phnom Penh until either the 13th or 16th of April and then either go to Thailand Chang mai and Bangkok or possibly squeeze in a djungle adventure in laos depending on planning. Then on the 23rd I'm flying out of Bangkok with Copenhagen as the destination and after that life is a mystery. Mmm I think thats it as a recap of the life at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home