My so called year

Well, since I will have the year of my life (hopefully)and since I am so bad at keeping in contact, my sister urged me to start a blog so that you all can get to know what is happening and how I am succeding (or miserably failing) in my attempts to make the world a better place.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Well adjusted

A new girl came to our center about two weeks ago and she's having major troubles fitting in with the other kids. They just don't get along and she's so freaked out about being there that she acts like she's on constant supply of speed, crying, laughing and just being extremly hyper. And its truly a pain to always have her around stirring comotion everywhere. Today she tried to run away, I think it was mostly to test her boundaries but I'm not sure. Anyways it resluted in us running after us and having to carry her back and that was seriously hard cause she put up a fight, she did not want to be carried back and well anyways all of this with her has just made me realise how under the circumstances well adopted my kids are. They seldom fight or stir commotion or any thing and the only thing that they push the boundaries on ius how many hugs a day they can get from you. Even though I don't think this will benefit them very much when they leave the safe haven of the center for the real world it will give them a happier upbringing than what they would have gotten at the dump picking garbage. But also I'm thinking how lucky I was to have the chance to come to thi scenter. I can very well imagine that there are many places out there which have kids that are all as speeded and difficult as this girl and man that would be so exhausting and I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it.
Either way I just hope she'll be able t settle down SOON.

1 Comments:

Blogger sopheak said...

Hie, I found you here, i will read it daily :), your Cambodian friend Sopheak

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home