My so called year

Well, since I will have the year of my life (hopefully)and since I am so bad at keeping in contact, my sister urged me to start a blog so that you all can get to know what is happening and how I am succeding (or miserably failing) in my attempts to make the world a better place.

Friday, September 22, 2006

todays report

All alone in a big house, lying in the girls room (simply because their room just smells better than mine and Mikes room does..) having hot flashes from time to time, nose hurt, throat hurts a bit, hoping my antibiotics will get rid of both my urine infection which embarrasingly enough after telling the doctor firmly yesterday that I doubted I had an infection since I didn't have any symptoms I today can feel clearly. Also ordered to bed rest which is quite difficult since theres a boy from Pursat whos supposed to come which means I need to listen for the doorbell and so far I think I ve heard it twice which leaves em running up and down the stairs ending up seing black falling back on the bed. And lastly, ordered to drink a lot of fluid which is also difficult since theres absolutly nothing interesting to either eat or drink.
The cleaners hasnt been here since yesterday and the house gets dirty quickly with 7 people in one house and one cat. Esp a cat who goes around and kills Geckos and leaves them lying.. Yes truly as disgusting as it sounds.
Furthermore I need to figure out what a template is since I have this task I need to complete before the end of this month, preferably have started before Sunday and that is to make a template for a paralegal manual which they are all working on here..... just a shame that I have no idea what a template is...
Besides that Im hanging in there... trying to make sense of my dengue (guess what? there is none) oh yeah i probably didnt fill you in.. yesterday was a quite traummatic day at the doctor but in the end they concluded that I do have dengue fever and some other stuff. yay.
Also Ive discovered a dilemma. Normally I'd say that people who are twice my age are people whos word I should probably trust but for some reason its just hard with many of the cambodians i meet. they just do things in such a different way and i really dont want to sound condecending or small minded but it truly feels as if they have no idea of whats going on or manners or well most things... like for instance yesterday i was on the couch feeling bad and then david comes with my antibiotics which he picked up at the doctors for me and i asked on of the khmer ladys to go downstairs for me to get it. then when she comes back she gives me the medicine and then studies the recipt which for me is totally foreign! you do not study other people recipets! seriously. just small things like this are really ggetting to me and i dont know how to deal with them cause i cant really act disrespectful towards them i mena it is still their country that i am in and they are older. its just frustrating. hmm oh well.. over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home