My so called year

Well, since I will have the year of my life (hopefully)and since I am so bad at keeping in contact, my sister urged me to start a blog so that you all can get to know what is happening and how I am succeding (or miserably failing) in my attempts to make the world a better place.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

srour sdey

Alright.. so yesterday didnt really turn out the way i thought it would... to be able to explain this ll have to start at another end..
our small group of people here often joke about all these people coming out to take part in the HBK project(for those of you who want to know this means the-hug-the-brown-kids project) they come to cambodia to hug some brown children and throw some money to them and leave feeling like theyve done soemthing really good which in a way they have but they havent really got an idea of the actual situation for these kids and their reality while as us (as we are sitting up there on our high horses looking down so wisely can judge) are able to get a proper picture and get included in their lives since we're here for so long and spending so much time with them....

well yesterday i felt as if I was part of the HBK project... it felt as if I came there and they were putting on this show for me being super nice just waiting for me to sign a cheque. And thats not at all what I want... (especially since i dont have any money to give..) i want to be a part of it.. so well that was a bit of a dissapointment but we'kk see what happens... maybe i can get through backsatge so to say...

then today was just an even crazier day... i woke up still being dissapointed from the day before and then after our morning class it started to rain like INSANELY! ( I swear Ive seen few as heavy downpours it was quite amazing) I guess I got a bit carried away when I saw some of the boys playing in the rain so I decided to join which of course led to me being soaking wet.. hehe but hey it was fun...

What else? oh yeah I was assigned a new task to do from Bridges today.. Im to go through the two newspapers in Phnm Penh from the pat ear looking for articles of human rights violation where people are evicted.. hehe that means going through I dont know how many newspapers... phew what work.. :)

Alright I think Ill stop there for now.. need to go plan our lesson for tomorrow oh and for interest Im not going to Pursat this weekend (maybe next though) so Im trying to figure out what to do instead in order not to go crazy of all the time Ill have on my hands.. (I really need to learn how to be comfortable in my own company)

Emails are always nice...

Oh and listen to the cure friday im in love :) i like..

Jom reap lear.. (shit! i just realised ive forgot to practise my khmer alphabet for tomorrow!! To (my teacher) is gonan eb upset with me again.. oh no...)
:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home